Water slide for public water play splash park
Warburton Water World is a free, fun-filled outdoor play space for kids. Located in Warburton Victoria, it was developed on the site of the former swimming pool after consultation with the local community. Yarra Ranges Council opened the park in 2020.
Designed by Melbourne landscape architecture firm Papworth Davies, the water park considers the landscape of Warburton and the surrounding area in its design. The final result is an impressive public park that provides locals and visitors with a unique, enjoyable experience.
Water World boasts a range of water play features, including an artificial log water slide designed and created by Natureworks.
Water slide design features
- the log slide has a realistic wood grain effect, imitating a fallen Mountain Ash (Eucalyptus regnans) tree
- made of fibreglass, to minimise overheating in direct sunlight
- meets Australian playground slide design standards
- sufficiently robust to withstand children climbing in and out over the sides of the slide
- smooth, polished surface finish and no exposed fixings, to reduce risk of scratching or other injuries
- fixed securely to splash pad floor
- designed to avoid pooling of water in the slide.
|Client:||Warburton Water World, Yarra Ranges Council|
|Designer:||Papworth Davies (Landscape Architects)|
|Location:||20 Woods Point Road, Warburton, VIC 3799 (view map)|
|Related products:||Playground theming, Pelican slide, Frog slide|
|Related catalogues:||Natureworks overview brochure, Childcare & Playground Theming, Water Play Creatures|
|Similar projects:||Keppel Kraken Aquatic Playspace Yeppoon|
Custom play spaces, water slides, aquatic props and marine animals
The Natureworks team is highly experienced at designing nature-themed play equipment, artificial rockwork and climbable structures. We can draw from our amazing collection of artificial trees, artificial rocks and animal sculptures to enhance any play space. For aquatic themed play spaces and splash parks, our marine life sculptures are always popular.