A magical place to read and learn
School libraries are special places, where children can explore a wide range of knowledge and enter a world full of stories that fire their imagination. To create an enchanting place for fertile young minds to grow, Natureworks was commissioned to build a nature-inspired area inside the library at Fraser Coast Anglican College.
To bring nature into the library, Natureworks created a reading area framed by four majestic artificial trees. A beautiful archway supported by oversize story books sets the scene and adds extra visual interest.
Natureworks designed, manufactured and installed the following items:
- Storybook entry statement: a colourful entry arch lined with giant story books. When entering, visitors see the traditional message “once upon a time” – then when they leave they see “they lived happily ever after”. We all love a happy ending!
- Artificial trees: four sturdy tree trunks with leafy canopy and realistic bark and branches, creating a designated area for stories and activities.
- Natureworks created designs to fit the existing space and structure
- Installing the massive trees involved fitting them over existing columns and applying over 20 metres of bark texture to disguise the seams!
- Some of Natureworks’ birds and animals are hiding in the branches
|Client:||Fraser Coast Anglican College|
|Location:||Hervey Bay, QLD, Australia|
|Related products:||Artificial trees, Playground theming|
|Related catalogues:||Artificial trees and plants, Playground theming|
|Similar projects:||Hunter Valley Gardens Storybook sculptures, Ipswich Environmental Centre|
Encouraging a love of reading (and nature)
By creating a natural environment within an existing building, Natureworks made the library space more enjoyable for children and adults alike.
Please contact Natureworks to discuss custom projects.