Unique visitor attraction and photo opportunity
Natureworks designed giant crab nippers and eye-catching murals to create an original photo opportunity for visitors to the ‘Catch A Crab’ oyster and crab farm at Tweed Heads. It looks spectacular and captures the local marine fish, native birdlife and crustaceans.
This project is a great example of how to add new life to an existing tourist attraction. A plain outdoor space was transformed into something highly memorable. A relatively small project, it made a big impact on the customer experience and brand awareness.
As the sign says, “Who else lets you get this close to a giant crab without feeling the crunch?” Tourists enjoy posing for photos with the giant crab and sharing images on social media.
|Client||Catch A Crab|
|Location||Tweed Heads, NSW, Australia|
|Related products||Giant crab, Crab chairs, Murals|
|Related catalogues||Marine & sea life|
|Similar projects||Undersea Putt & Play, Giant Redback Spider|
Project scope and features
- Natureworks provided inspirational ideas and designed, manufactured and installed the project
- Mural artwork included oysters, wedge tail eagles, fish of various sizes and a seaside setting. Murals were painted in our workshop onto board, then cut out and installed on site
- We also designed signage for the cafe and gift shop
- The 3D sculpture of giant, larger-than-life crab nippers had steel supports to protrude from the wall and provide support when used by visitors for photo opportunities
- Mud crabs are common in local waters, and can be eaten in the Catch A Crab cafe, so the giant crab is a perfect symbol for the business.
Promoting tourism opportunities
The murals and giant crab have helped Catch A Crab promote their business. Even with lower tourist numbers during the pandemic, the cafe and bar area is busy and visitors remember and share their experience.
Creating themed props or ‘big things’ for photo opportunities is an excellent way to promote a business and attract visitors. Why not create a tourist attraction in your area? We can help you with every step of the process, including applying for a government grant to help you get started. Nature-based art is our speciality, so we can design iconic sculptures that capture your local wildlife and natural habitats.
Please contact Natureworks to discuss custom projects.