At Natureworks, we can custom design artificial rockwork caves to suit your needs. This example shows a cave created for reptile exhibits in a wildlife park.
Gumbuya World Critter Cave
Gumbuya World in the Gippsland region of Victoria was revamped in 2017. Part of the revamp included the Gumbuya Wildlife Park with a nature trail and “Critter Cave”.
- Natureworks designed and constructed the entire enclosure and exhibit of the “Critter Cave”
- The cave exhibits large reptiles, frogs, and insect habitat display dioramas
- The artificial rock cave structure was custom built to meet the specific animals’ husbandry requirements
- The whole build was 700 sqm of artificial rockwork
- The artificial rocks were designed to replicate the typical Gippsland highland region rock formations
- Natureworks can custom design artificial rock caves like this example for displays, exhibits or other purposes
For more info, photographs and video of this project, see the Gumbuya project case study!