“Puggles” the Platypus, custom-designed for playground use.
This beautiful platypus sculpture is over 2 metres long, ideal for a children’s play area. Ask us if you would like to check specifications or enquire about custom finishes.
Length: 2260mm. Width: 1175mm. Height: 600mm
Platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus)
- Platypuses and (or platypodes) grow up to 60cm in length. And are endemic to the east and south-eastern Australia including Tasmania.
- They are mostly, nocturnal sleeping in chambers at the end of riverbank burrows.
- It is celebrated as one of Australia’s most unusual mammals and one of only two monotremes in the world, along with the echidna, the only other egg-laying mammal in the world which suckles its young.
- It is one of the very few venomous mammals in the world, the male possessing a spur on the rear legs.
- They use electro-reception to locate their prey of mostly invertebrates, including tadpoles, worms, snails and shrimps. The duck-like bill is flexible ruby and feels like suede.
- Prehistoric platypuses grew much larger and the fossil record includes animals up to 1 metre in length.
This larger than life-sized sculpture was designed for:
- Rotary Park in Jimbooma – See our case study project
- Currumbin Sanctuary