Bilby statue – Life-size replica – Vulnerable to extinction
- The greater bilby is listed as vulnerable to extinction
- Life-size statue – with steel pegs to help with stability
- Vulnerable due to a range of threats from feral cats and foxes, habitat destruction and inappropriate fire regimes
- Survives only in remote locations in northern and central Western Australia and the Northern Territory as well as a separate population in south-west Queensland
- Bilbies are important in the restoration of soil and rejuvenation of vegetation in arid Australia
Help protect the Greater Bilby and other native Australian wildlife
This life-size bilby prop is ideal to raise discussions around its safety and longevity on this planet so our future generations can enjoy Australia’s diversity of wildlife animals.
Save it from the fate of other arid zone adapted species like the Lesser Bilby and the Desert Bandicoot which became extinct. lost forever, by the 1960s.
Note: – Natureworks has recently manufactured a larger than life-size Bilby which is poised on a base plate.